Friday, August 9, 2013

Visiting Friends We Love

Isn't it grand to be able to reunite with friends?  That's what we did when we arrived in Olathe, Kansas to visit Les and Carolyn Carruth.  Our friendship allows us to pick up just where we left off the last time we were together.  We set up our fifth wheel in a RV park in a neighboring town, but ended up staying at their home for one of the nights we were in town.... after all, when you stay up late playing cards it's too much trouble to drive 12 miles away to the fifth wheel!  LOL!  What fun we had as we talked and talked, went to see "The Lone Ranger" at the theater, toured the Moon Marble Company & watched an original marble being hand made, and played "Ascending and Descending" cards - AND I WON for a change!
















On Wednesday, July 17th  we drove back to Springdale to take care of some errands and keep a dental appointment for me.  I thought I was having major teeth problems as I had a troubling toothache.  It turned out to be a sinus infection!!  I have never been so excited to have a sinus infection!!

That afternoon I turned in my real estate license to my broker and so ended my career as a REALTOR.  It was bitter sweet to do so.  I appreciate all the wonderful people who allowed me to assist them with their real estate needs, but there's no way to travel and do a good job of representing clients.

As a special treat to us, we were able to briefly visit our sweet neighbors and attend Bible class with our dear friends at Robinson Avenue church.  After services several of our buddies and we went to Braum's. I thought we might be asked to leave because we laughed so much together.  What a great but way too short of visit we had!

Thursday, we headed toward Memphis to wait for our newest GRANDdaughter to be born.  Be prepared to endure MANY photos of her and Maggie Lynn in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment